NO. 154 FORT HUMBOLDT - By the early 1850s, newly arrived white settlers had moved into the Humboldt Bay area, causing conflict with the native inhabitants. To protect both Indians and settlers, Fort Humboldt was established in 1853 and operated until 1866. It became a focal point in the violent struggle between two cultures. Many Native Americans were assembled here before removal to reservations.
3431 Fort Ave, Eureka
CHL #154 Fort Humboldt is accessible all year from 8:00am to 5:00pm.