NO. 153 BENICIA CAPITOL - Erected in 1852, ostensibly as Benicia's City Hall, this historic building was one of the four locations of the 'Capitol on Wheels,' from February 4, 1853 to February 25, 1854. It was deeded to the State in 1951.
NW corner of 1st and G Sts, Benicia
Benicia was named in honor of the wife of General Mariano Vallejo, Francisca Maria Felipa Benicia Carillo de Vallejo.