NO. 734 ANGELS HOTEL - The canvas hotel that C. C. Lake erected here in 1851 was replaced by a one-story wooden structure, and then in 1855 by one of stone - a second story was added in 1857. It was here that Samuel Clemens first heard the yarn that was later to bring him fame as Mark Twain, author of The Jumping Frog of Calaveras County.
NE corner of Main St and Bird Way, Angels Camp
Approximate address: 1283 S Main St., Angels Camp, CA 95222
NO. 734 ANGELS HOTEL